After obtaining its first Ka-Band STC in September 2016 on A319/A320/A321, EAD Aerospace, an Eclipse Company released a Ka-Band STC for A330 series aircraft for airline or private aircraft configuration. It has installed the Satcom Universal Mounting Systems (SUMS) for Ka-Band Antenna as a part of the installation of the GX JetWave Ka-Band BroadBand Satellite System (from Honeywell) on A330 series aircraft.
- Installation of a Ka-Band Satcom radome with provisions for LRU and antenna for an A330 (applicable to A319/A320/A321)
- The Ka-Band System Broadband provides the reception and transmission of the satellite signals to and from the aircraft in order to provide accessibility to high bandwidth Internet Services for passengers, pilots and crew members.
- The interface with the end user (through T-PED, IFE, EFB systems for instance) is not covered by this modification and can be provided through our extended connectivity modifications catalogue.
- Inmarsat GX compatible installation.
- Highly innovative design.
- ARINC791 installation compliant or Top of Frames installation.
- KRFU installed inside the fuselage or outside.
- The outside Antenna Equipment is composed by :